FDNY CF600 Spec Sheet

Dilbert120

Hey everyone, 

I have a 1973 Mack CF600 that was ordered by the FDNY. I sent away to the Mack Museum for the original build sheet, and I saw that the transmission was spec'd as a Mack TR676 (or 6766?)  5-speed, but I was under the impression that FDNY had Allison automatics mounted to the ENDT673C. My truck is certainly an automatic.  Was this just a placeholder for Mack because Allison transmissions were installed by FDNY shops? 

It’s possible that her first few years of service used a 5-speed manual. If it’s not crossed off the list (like power steering on the build sheet for my L) I’d assume that’s how it was delivered. It’s possible that an automatic Allison wasn’t even available at the time because the 4 speed automatic wasn’t made until 1970 and the actual truck automatics weren’t made until 1973 according to what I’ve read.

I’d say it’s safe to assume was installed later on by FDNY.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

24 minutes ago, CaptainCrutch said:

It’s possible that her first few years of service used a 5-speed manual. If it’s not crossed off the list (like power steering on the build sheet for my L) I’d assume that’s how it was delivered. It’s possible that an automatic Allison wasn’t even available at the time because the 4 speed automatic wasn’t made until 1970 and the actual truck automatics weren’t made until 1973 according to what I’ve read.

I’d say it’s safe to assume was installed later on by FDNY.

Interesting point. I guess I've also seen very few (honestly, I think I can only remember one...maybe) Aerialscopes that had a manual transmission.