Camelback to s/a spring or air ride?

Rmodelwrench

Hey guys I currently have a t/a rig I’m wanting to convert to a s/a  I’m wanting to put a service body on this truck I think I would like air ride plus then I could dump bags and have the rear sit lower while working off the back but this truck will see plenty of off road action too 

so single axle spring or air ride? And if spring could I do it with one of my current axles or would I have to buy a different one

i have a friend that has a rear axle air ride out of a Freightliner I believe he said he would sale 

camelback currently

thanks  

I have freightliner single axle air ride under my B.        your not going to gain alot of height by dumping the air but some.      I personally think for the price you can't beat the freightliner air ride.   Simple, reliable, and millions of trucks on the road with it.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rmodelwrench said:

Ok I’ll check on my trans tomorrow get the serial number and see if it’s an direct or over drive also take it on a little drive up to highway speeds to see where I am at now

Don't get seril # but get model like if its a RT or RTO and could be a RTX.RTX and RTO is a over drive.

• Like 1

glenn akers

1 hour ago, Quickfarms said:

Need to know the actual model number after the RTX, RTX-12509 was not an overdrive

A RTX is a over drive same as a RTO/The X means its got the top cover on it that changes the position of the stick to were o/d is back instead forward but same trans.With out looking I think that is a .74 over drive ratio.

• Like 1

glenn akers