ENDT-676 info and parts

mackimize

According to the exhaust emissions tag on the block, I have a 1978 ENDT-676 rated at 283 hp

Stamped on the bullgear cover is T676-8A8100

Looking for any info on the engine

Next, I am in need of a fuel lift pump.  The one on the engine has American Bosch cast into the side.  The one I am need of, according to what info I have so far, is 314GC228A / ESP-3597.

This part number is discontinued and the available parts are $350 and up.  Would another lift pump work if rated to flow the same from a different generation of Mack engine work ? like a 314GC227?

Thanks

Try PAI  Phone: 770-822-1000 Should have them in stock They fit 250H.P. and up.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 minutes ago, mackimize said:

process of elimination from supply pumps that resembled the one on the truck and that supported over 250 hp

Anyway............the correct part number is 319GC110.

The mounting gasket is a 79-GA400554. (79 is/was the Mack vendor code for American Bosch. GA400554 is the AMBAC part number)

You can call Watt's Mack (provider of the BMT website) at 1-888-304-6225 to order these parts.

with no part number on it and no catalog to leaf through, here i am trying to figure out the part I am in search of.

Thank you so much for your gracious information.  What an absolute joy it have been discussion this topic with you.

Edited by mackimize

7 hours ago, mackimize said:

with no part number on it and no catalog to leaf through, here i am trying to figure out the part I am in search of.

Thank you so much for your gracious information.  What an absolute joy it have been discussion this topic with you.

Or you can go to your Mack brand distributor with your truck's model and serial number, located on the vehicle identification plate affixed to the driver's door, and have them look up the parts.