Mack Trucks Sales Continue To Slide In Weak Economy

Mack Trucks sales continue to slide in weak economy

"The company also recently announced that it is delaying the shift of heavy-duty truck production from its plant in Virginia to Lower Macungie. As part of its restructuring announcement in August, the company said it would be moving its headquarters to Greensboro, N.C., and discontinuing truck production in Virginia, shifting the work to Lower Macungie"

They haven't announced a delay in moving headquaters to Greensboro.

• 3 weeks later...
North Carolina must have a lower tax rate. Or does V**** haave an office there too?

Volvo is headquatered in Greensboro NC. Mack jobs are moving into the Volvo offices. (I can't say people.) We're told by Swedish VP's that it will reduce costs by not having two facilities in North American. We're told in January Volvo is going to start building a facility similar to what Mack has in Allentown for testing.

Volvo is headquatered in Greensboro NC. Mack jobs are moving into the Volvo offices. (I can't say people.) We're told by Swedish VP's that it will reduce costs by not having two facilities in North American. We're told in January Volvo is going to start building a facility similar to what Mack has in Allentown for testing.
reduce costs by not having two facilities in North American

cutting cost but

start building a facility similar to what Mack has in Allentown for testing.

Glade we repaved the test track for nothing

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Get use to it guys.I am born and bred in brockway country in upstate new york. Mack did the same to Brockway in 1977. So i guess its karma sad to say.

I knew eventually this would come up,

Back in 2000 me a few Mack guy's had this discussion on Volvo doing to mack what mack did to Brockway.

Look at this way if they didn't get rid of Brockway we would not of had the superliner.

I knew eventually this would come up,

Back in 2000 me a few Mack guy's had this discussion on Volvo doing to mack what mack did to Brockway.

Look at this way if they didn't get rid of Brockway we would not of had the superliner.

I hear ya Jim, but it still goes down like a razor blade martini... Question is, will the Mack name fade away a piece at a time and be absorbed into Volvo so there is only one brand name.? Or will they keep it seperate and keep the iconic Mack name?

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

I hear ya Jim, but it still goes down like a razor blade martini... Question is, will the Mack name fade away a piece at a time and be absorbed into Volvo so there is only one brand name.? Or will they keep it seperate and keep the iconic Mack name?

ALL I CAN SAY IS AT LEAST MACK IS NOT IN WASHINGTON D.C.

LOOKING FOR OUR TAX MONEY.

If Volvo dose try to get rid of Mack, I know of 2,200 plus members with Torches and pitchforks in hand will change their mind.