Mercury Sleeper

bdtrucking24426

6 hours ago, bdtrucking24426 said:

What's out there for sale?

Me, you and a dozen other Guys are looking for one, Good luck hunting!!

Been looking for years for a a good one, hens teeth are easier to find. I even called Denver Truck in PA, years back, to see how much it would be to have one built like the one they did for Willard's  E9-LTL. Priceless!!

Spencers chrome shop in central pa has a truck show every year.     Last year there was a company there that custom built sleeper and had a desplay there that looked very close to the mercury style.    https://spencerschrome.com/

if you look real close to the picture of their store you can see the display on the back wall.   If you call they may be able to help.  image.thumb.jpg.883df008a8008f7be82e4980260705ef.jpg

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:

Spencers chrome shop in central pa has a truck show every year.     Last year there was a company there that custom built sleeper and had a desplay there that looked very close to the mercury style.    https://spencerschrome.com/

if you look real close to the picture of their store you can see the display on the back wall.   If you call they may be able to help.  image.thumb.jpg.883df008a8008f7be82e4980260705ef.jpg

Yes that is the new Mercury Sleeper Company. They build on a per order basis.

The first 2 units are the 34" model the "Randy Brown Original" and the 60" model is the "Mike Schade Original". The height is 64" and the width is 84" to compare with the original bunks. There was not a 64" tall 34" bunk but the 64" will fit a broader range of cabs. Both units will be on display at the ATHS show in Des Moines in May

https://www.facebook.com/MercurySleeperCo

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ya, I've seen the ad on FB before.   I drooled over them as a replacement for my busted up Bentz bunk.  BUT pricing was not even in my ballpark and I was able to fix up my old bunk and put it back on.  Oh well.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

8 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I figured they'd be quite pricey.  

Pricey depending on how much you want on the interior. A basic shell is reasonable when you figure finding, buying, transporting, redoing years of abuse, wiring, interior redo and paint or polish. You end up coming out ahead. 

last one I saw for sale was 3 years ago on Craigs List and Mike AKA Superdog beat me to it and it was off a R model too. it needed a lot of TLC.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE