2004 Vision is a pain.

I've put millions of miles on Mack trucks. All of them combined didn't have the issues this vision does. It just turned 600,000 miles. I had the engine rebuilt, still no power and leaks oil more than ever. The fan never shuts off when pulling a trailer, no one can figure out why. Bobtail or idle it works normally. Had the clutch adjusted, Mack says the return spring was gone, so just like that it's right back where it started. I've been thrown out of 3 shops, including a Mack dealer, they just won't work on this "can of worms" anymore. Two days ago the a.c. exploded and covered the front of the truck and the windshield in yellow dye. My R model that sat in a junk yard for 20 years is more reliable. At this point I'd like to have this vision smashed into a rubiks cube and buried at sea.

It's sad to say,but for some reason,2004 trucks,especially the CX were literally nightmares,my brother's new '04 was so bad Mack finally bought it back,the '06 that replaced it has well over 1 million miles on it now and has been a very good truck. One local company that had been all Mack for years,switched to Western Star because of their '04's and another,that had just switched to Mack turned them all back in and went back to KW.

Had a bunch of Visions even a Rawhide CHN...we were quick to purge anything from 2003 to 2007 thinking They were nothing but problems.... then we bought Pinnacles....they were good for a while but as they got older they started having the same kind of miles between breakdowns the 03-07 trucks did.  Just can't win anymore.

• 1 month later...

My boss has on 04 granite lowboytruck  05 granite 6 wheeler lowboy 427 13sp.just git tuned up no power never great power  in 13. 05 6 wheeler has 400 multi reverse 10 sp it's  ok new fan clutch fan and priming pump this month ir gas 4.64 rears lowboy has 4.42now on both the seat belt light comes on and the gauges  go off and on.the one. I drive is a 90 RD690 em6L 300 7sp 5.73 rears got over hauled last thanksgiving 389000 miles lowboy tk487k.  6 wheeler 276k. My self love those RD  s guess I'm just old and like reliable rides lol