53 A54

RBH

I recently bought a 53 Mack A54.  The treadle valve will need replaced.   This truck has front brakes so I was wondering if anyone here knows where and what valve I will need to replace the original with?  I would like to keep it original as possible. 

51 Mack A.jpg

53 Mack A 1.JPG

I think my A-40 has an E-3 series valve in it but I'll try to remember to verify. I had found a kit to go through mine, (20 or so years ago) but never needed to and it seems like that was the nearest valve in appearance.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That valve look familiar but I've never had mine out of the truck. I'll be out to the shop in a bit and have a look see.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That seams to be the one that will work. I will just have to reshape the lines going in. 

Does  your B have the maxi-brakes?  I am hoping to replace the gasket in my old non-maxi style brake chambers and get them back in working order. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck doing that.  

I have a lot of fixing or manufacturing to do on this A since I am finding so many parts are obsolete. 

Thanks 

Yes my B has maxi's.  it has axles from a modern freightliner under it.    From whit I remember the treadle valve is it only had 2 compartments internally.   The top half was wide open and all ports where supply and the bottom half where all going to the brakes.    I could have the upper and lower mixed up, but they where both just open cavities with different ports all around the body.