mack 866 water pump

overland

36 minutes ago, overland said:

looking for a water pump for a 1978 mack 866 new used or a rebuild kit. any information would be great

Did you try obtaining a 202SB34A water pump repair kit and 57GC184 water pump gasket set from Watt's Mack (BMT website provider) at 1-888-304-6225?

I usually send my water pumps to waterpumprebuilders.com outside of Houston, TX. Usually right at a hundred and a guarantee. They even have parts for some oddball stuff too. Sent the pump in for one of my B-61's and the housing was too corroded for them to work with but they had another. I didn't think $15.00 was too bad for the bare casting purchase. Think I've used them nine times now.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

overland, I see you have a 1978 Superliner. Is that what the 866 is in If so could you post some under the hood pictures of it? There weren't a whole lot of them made with the 865 866 v8s and being I'm V8 guy I'd like to see it if at all possible.

Thanks, Josh

2 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

overland, I see you have a 1978 Superliner. Is that what the 866 is in If so could you post some under the hood pictures of it? There weren't a whole lot of them made with the 865 866 v8s and being I'm V8 guy I'd like to see it if at all possible.

Thanks, Josh

Mine had an 866 in it originally but mine is a glider .  It’s registered as an 89 I repowered it with a 92 E9 with the in-line pump . 

• 9 months later...

I was looking for a water pump on a endb865 (325 maxidyne) that was in our Freightliner early last April, 2018.  I found enough information on this forum to be successful, while we failed everywhere else.  One of Rob's posts got me to looking for the Houston, Texas Facility.  From them, I purchased two kits (1 spare) and my water pump is running great with no leaks.  The business name on the receipt is Commercial Water Pump Rebuilders with address 9431 Clay Road, Houston, TX 77080 and the telephone number is 713-864-5199. The website is waterpumpkit.com.  My contact there is John Hudson with the above telephone number and email address waterpump01@yahoo.com.  I got on the phone with John and described what water pump I had and he said "send me pictures".  After I sent the pictures, I called him back and he said "I did not recognize that water pump, but there is an older guy that has worked here for years and he knew exactly what it was at first glimpse".  I sure am happy because that truck happens to be our lowboy tractor and I did not want to park it because of a leaky water pump.  This kit will fix the 325 or 375 (866) v8 engines.

• Like 1