1999 CH613 Cab Replacement

I have a 99 CH that was turned over a couple years ago. I didn't give much for the truck to start with but did some work on the rear ends, springs, etc before it was turned over. I sold the dump trailer that it was hooked to a few days ago so I drug it out of the weeds and put some jumper cables on it and lo and behold it fired right up. Kinda got me thinking of fixing it up. Anyway my question is I found a decent truck that's not running but it's a 95 model single axle with an E7. Mine has an E Tech so I know there's some differences there. Is it possible/worthwhile for me to buy this whole truck for what I could buy an E Tech cab for?

Thanks for the reply Rob. This truck that I found can be bought for about 4500 I think and it has a few things like passenger side fuel tank, steps, mirrors, etc that just the cab might not. Guy priced me a cab for 3750. Then I still have to buy a hood. Just didn't know which way to go

12 hours ago, green4440 said:

What's the best way to pick up a cab without damaging anything?

If you've got a Forklift?

Wind the windows Down put your extension Tynes on the Forks then a couple of Phone Books (remember them LOL)  sitting on the Tynes.. Tynes through the Windows & lift..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 3/17/2018 at 12:11 AM, Rob said:

Used to do it that way but the board broke dropping the cab almost seven feet. Fortunately it was the rollover cab which was being replaced. I no longer trust boards citing this.

A decent piece of steel box tubing or heavy wall pipe would work in place of the 4x4.