Need help with bearing p/n

A quick question - does anybody have CRD92/93 carrier parts list handy?

Beeing needing to identify the bearing cups (races) of the ones the interwheel differential turns in.

Are they Mack 64AX176/46AX177 and Timken/SKF/Bower 47622W / 47622BW ?

Or different?

Just dont want to part out a carrier with only a reason to recognize the bearings.

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, KKERGALL said:

what is the " 11KHA " stamped on  flat machined surface on carrier? Rich

It's KHA 5444 P10 on CRD93.

I have another one of the same time frame but that one is impossible to read. But I can tell for sure there's also P10 in the end.

The banjo stamping is 1QF51218P6 S441C, just for some reason.

Borovsk09.2013.00417.crop.jpg

Winter2014-15_0035_resize.JPG

Edited by Vladislav

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.03.2018 at 10:39 PM, KKERGALL said:

A trick my Polish unit man showed my when I worked @ Mack dealer, use a paint marker go over the stamping on carrier and wipe quickly w/rag and you can make out the numbers. 

Thank you for the advice. I'll try that for a practice.

I found one of such carriers in my shed apart from the axle housing and could read the markings on the bearing cup without removing it. Didn't write the # on a paper but those are not the ones I need.

• 2 months later...

Jason,

Yes, I got the data and resolved my problem either. The original need was for a pair of Timken/SKF/Bower 47622W / 47622BW to finish rebuild of CRD32/33 diffs for my WW2 Mack. It's a very long story, the reason was to get faster from 9.02 and 40mph top speed. A 5 years long search ended up with a pair of bevel gear sets off a B-model supplied by one of our fellow members. That allowed me to mosly complete the FR. But when I got myself to the RR the interwheel diff bearings were found pitted really bad. It had happened that I had two sets of the diffs what meant 4 sets of diff bearings. Unfortunately I could use one of them only. So looked for extra bearings. Having hopes to use them from CRD92/93 (look siimilar) I put this thread on here. But finally having no clear answer during some while I just pulled one CRD 92 off a deep corner and what was pleasant I could read the numbers on the race without removing it. And those numbers were different from what I was needing at the time. So I rifled through e-bay and ordered a pair of races (L and R) and a pair of cones. They were not really cheap but reasonable in relation to other options. Being honest I was surprized seeing a cost of nearly $250 for just a bearing race and $150 for the cone to add.

Now the bearings are already on my bench but no time to get to the carrier. And just tomorrow I'm going to be in almost another part of the world instead.

Good deal Vlad, I ran your numbers through our Corporation’s bearing supplier and came back $314.78 on the 47622W and $351.22 on the 47622BW. A “High End” bearing, probably Timken? The wait was 15  weeks.

Your rolling on Gold Brother!!! 

Safe travels...

Edited by Mack Technician

On 6/7/2018 at 9:49 AM, Mack Technician said:

Good deal Vlad, I ran your numbers through our Corporation’s bearing supplier and came back $314.78 on the 47622W and $351.22 on the 47622BW. A “High End” bearing, probably Timken? The wait was 15  weeks.

Your rolling on Gold Brother!!! 

Safe travels...

In my particular case I ended up with Bowers paying $70 for each race and $45 for a cone. You can see those figures were much friendly than the official offers. Sure NOS. And I got all that in my hands in 3 or 4 weeks, not 15:)

As for travels I landed at JFK safe and sound on Thursday and going to check in at Macungie showgrounds after some roaming along the East coast.

• Like 2