Considering a 2001 r-titled mack 688s

slug

Question

Alright guys,  everyone has been super helpful on this site. Looking at a ton of tri axle trucks and have to admit, feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

Anyway, I came across a 2001 RD 688s with E7 460 engine. The price is quite good compared to similar or exact same year, model and makes. The good: truck seems to be in very nice mechanical shape. 

The bad: r title,  needs a new door, hood,  mirror, 2 rims and tires and  fuel tank.

The body is two years old but I am going to replace with my own body. 

Price is great,  what am I missing?

Pictures of truck attached . 

Edited by slug

6 answers to this question

Was it rolled? If so has the frame been checked out professionally? The outfit I work for bought a rolled truck and supposedly it was good to go but we fought bushings in the suspension going out often and it ate tires up real fast. Also could do an oil analysis, that might even tell you if it ran too long on its side or upside down and starved parts of the engine for oil. I'm certainly no expert but those are things I'd be worried about. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.