1950's Mack LTL aluminum rear spring stanchions

MackLTH

• 8 months later...

Just a bump up. I have retrieved two sets of stanchions from my storage. There is the odd stress crack..but it is aluminum and can be fixed..best offer gets them.

Parts are in British Columbia but can be shipped from the U.S.

Spring Stanchion 1.JPG

Spring stanchion 2.JPG

Edited by MackLTH

2 hours ago, MackLTH said:

Just a bump up. I have retrieved two sets of stanchions from my storage. There is the odd stress crack..but it is aluminum and can be fixed..best offer gets them.

Parts are in British Columbia but can be shipped from the U.S.

See you have some LTL frame parts. My stanchions are good but would you have a front engine mount for a 275? Mine has a crack, second one in the truck, and I would rather fine a good one than try and weld this one. Also would you have the rear aluminum cab mount? I have an aluminum rear cab mount that was damaged the first time the front engine mount broke, and the engine dropped, tearing it up with the universal joint when the trans pivoted up and front of engine went down.

9 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

See you have some LTL frame parts. My stanchions are good but would you have a front engine mount for a 275? Mine has a crack, second one in the truck, and I would rather fine a good one than try and weld this one. Also would you have the rear aluminum cab mount? I have an aluminum rear cab mount that was damaged the first time the front engine mount broke, and the engine dropped, tearing it up with the universal joint when the trans pivoted up and front of engine went down.

No,sorry I don't have a aluminum front mount..yours is the second I have heard of breaking in the last few years..no rear cab mount either. I recon the rear cab mount in aluminum is the rarest piece to find.

On 7/28/2018 at 1:16 PM, AZB755V8 said:

I don't have any cab mounts currently but I do have the mold to make them. They are reproductions made from an unrepaired original. Even have the correct part number. They have to be machined for width to fit between your frame rails and the mounting holes drilled. If you're interested I'll contact the foundry and get a current price. Last batch were about $1200 ea.

IMG_0011.JPG

• Like 1