Exhaust gas temps

2000CL713

2000 CL713 E7-427 without any modfcations. Im seeing 1000 degrees when pulling onto the highway but then goes down once up to speed. Is this in spec? 

Going to be putting a 460xt tune on my truck and want to make sure everything is working right before hand. 

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg

Sorry I miss read I had 460 in my head , 32 would be adequate for a 427 are you seeing over thirty on the hard pull is the truck trailing any black smoke while pulling  hard this is a sign of leaks! you do have a high pyro reading how ever if it is coming up to that after a reasonable mount of time your likley ok if it snaps up with in a minute or so Id be checking  for leaks.

just my opinion!

Its a flow/pressure dilemma. Think hydraulic.....Think in terms of flow since you are constantly losing pressure because of escaping flow......... I'd use moderate pressure. The leak will show. By the time you reach 35 your chasing so much air through the open portions of the valve train you will not be able to hear a leak over the hissing inside the engine, unless soaping. Motor initially will turn a little under pressure (till centered in strokes), but some intake valve may stay open. You can manually rotate the motor to minimize loss, you will find sweet spots where intake valves are mostly closed.

If I were doing a full tune package on your engine I would pull the valve rocker shafts + injectors and allow all the valves to close, then pressure test CMCAC circuit. If I see/hear/detect air coming up through the injector nipple bores you know your intake valves are a little sketchy.     

1 minute ago, Mack Technician said:

Its a flow/pressure dilemma. Think hydraulic.....Think in terms of flow since you are constantly losing pressure because of escaping flow......... I'd use moderate pressure. The leak will show. By the time you reach 35 your chasing so much air through the open portions of the valve train you will not be able to hear a leak over the hissing inside the engine, unless soaping. Motor initially will turn a little under pressure (till centered in strokes), but some intake valve may stay open. You can manually rotate the motor to minimize loss, you will find sweet spots where intake valves are mostly closed.

If I were doing a full tune package on your engine I would pull the valve rocker shafts + injectors and allow all the valves to close, then pressure test CMCAC circuit. If I see/hear/detect air coming up through the injector nipple bores you know your intake valves are a little sketchy.     

WHAT HE SAID! :rolleyes: Can hurt to know! :D

• Like 1