Sorta OT: anybody have a ram 2500 with the air suspension?

willeo6709

1 hour ago, willeo6709 said:

It supposed to be an open air system that completely replaces the steel coils.  I have driven coil sprung trucks, it would seem that the air ride would be a lot smoother.  I just don’t know how it works in real life on this light a vehicle 

My above post didn't answer your question?

I have seen the videos, I know the nuts and bolts of it- question is does it really ride better than springs or is it endless farting around with stuff I should not be thinking about,  I just don’t know if it’s as practical as a cool mint enema or the best thing since Mack trucks

56 minutes ago, willeo6709 said:

I have seen the videos, I know the nuts and bolts of it- question is does it really ride better than springs or is it endless farting around with stuff I should not be thinking about,  I just don’t know if it’s as practical as a cool mint enema or the best thing since Mack trucks

I can't tell you about the Ram but we bought a new 1992 Lincoln LSC with the air suspension and it handled and road better than coils. The only problems we had in 96.000 miles was a faulty ride sensor. The technology has gotten 100 times better the when we had it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We started using air bag suspension on our EMS units several years ago in order to soften the ride and to lower the deck height for loading a cot. They never gave us any problems that I am aware of.

I would go to an air ride suspension in my one ton dually in a NY minute if it was available as a factory option and was reasonably affordable.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 1 month later...

The new truck is " in transit", due next week.  It seems one can't get mile by mile delivery updates..... just a week long range when it "should" arrive.  and if you know anybody in the market for a 2000 F350 drw crew cab long bed 4x4 7.3l automatic let me know.  Its a one owner forged rod truck....original engine, original trans( but we built it twice ) 177k miles.