Code problem

Hopefully you can help me out. 

Boost pressure wont build over 30lbs on aset 460. Do see the turbo speed sensor green wire has some wear through but i wrapped in electrical tape for time being. Not throwing any codes tho.

But the reason im asking is i have a 3-2 code with if you push mode and reset at same time on dash is 5022-02 m128. Code means engine speed sensor but which one. I just replace both 2months ago and i only have one spare and hoping its not the bellhousing bc its a bitch. Also can it feel like truck is in limp mode.

Still kinda new at understanding mack.but im some mechanically inclined

Your 3-2 code with the FMI of 2 is data erratic on the timing sensor which is on the side of the flywheel housing. Check the sensor tip for damage and the wiring harness end connector. The 3-4 code is the cam timing sensor on the front cover. Both sensors have the same part number

2 minutes ago, Little big mack said:

Forgot to mention installed new trans and new sensor on tail shaft of tranny. Could that sensor be off a tad bit bc the old one broke trying to take off old tranny

That would be a speedometer fault if that wasn't set correctly. I have seen your 3-2 code active with key on/engine off but once Engine started codes goes inactive  

• 2 years later...

i have a problem like this my question i used a flywhell that was in 1996 and my truck is 1999, i check and all look the same, could be that is different on the flywheel, i did notice that sensor was unhook before i remove housing, olso did remove sensor, and check magnet on tip and was good, what could i did wrong,

On 5/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, chana1634 said:

i have a problem like this my question i used a flywhell that was in 1996 and my truck is 1999, i check and all look the same, could be that is different on the flywheel, i did notice that sensor was unhook before i remove housing, olso did remove sensor, and check magnet on tip and was good, what could i did wrong,

Recheck that flywheel. I don't think a 96 flywheel will work on a 99 etech engine. Seen it several times.

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2017 at 10:18 AM, Mackpro said:

Yes, if one of the speed/timing sensors go out , you have to crank the engine about 6-8 seconds before it starts. 

Would this cause an engine endspeed code or something like that on an ai400? If a sensor is bad would it or going bad would it cause a limp mode. My code was inactive when we scanned the computer after clearing the computer a few days prior.