Cab swap question

Not sure which section this question belongs....

Is it possiable to do a cab swap on a 2000 CL? I was thinking about getting a 2005 or whatever year of CL that had to newer style inside and doors and putting it on my 2000 CL. Has anyone done something like this or know if it will work and wire up? 

new resized.jpg

I would'nt know why you could'nt put up to an 07 model cab on your truck as long as it had the etech engine and not the mp series engine. I have an 07 and some 99's wiring looks like same plug in on firewall but the 07 does have 9 pin data port under dash and 99 only has 6 or 7 pin plug in. TimberJack said in his post there was 2 extra wires

That was the threat I got the idea from lol not sure if anyone has ever do something like this. Be something very unique. Question is will any cab in those years work or would it need to be from CL bc of the way the hood lines up on the firewall and how the cab air ride works. Cv has bags on each side and cl has one in the center.

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg

You have some modifications to do for a '08 or newer cab swap. I call them the. New +3 cabs. Like previously stated about the HVAC, electrical distribution, and air distribution is different. The firewalls are a slightly different. The cab mounting would also be different and modified in front and the air bags mount behind the shocks instead of in front. I'm not saying it couldn't be done but it would take some re-work.