B-61 Door Latch

Howdy!!

I am in need of at least one door latch and striker for my Drivers side door.

The latch prong on the door doesn't return to a down position when the handle is returned to its normal position, and the striker pad is worn almost to nothing.  

Can these parts be rebuilt, is there a spring that's broken or unhooked in the latch?  What about the striker, can it be rebuilt or does it have to be replaced?  I said at least one because the passenger door striker is really worn as well. But it still works, unlike the drivers side that will not keep the door closed.

i apologize if these questions have been asked and answered, I did a search but was unable to come up with any acceptable solution.

Much Thanks for all the help,

Briscoe66

• 7 months later...

I just took my doors apart on a 64 B61 and I will post photos tomorrow.  It should be a right of passage when you remove your first door panel without breaking anything.   Here are the photos I promised.  The door latch spring is a single roll of approx. 1/4" steel spring steel.  You can open two tabs to disassemble the latch and get to the spring.  To clean and lube the spring without removing the door panel, you need to use the opening where the latch hook resides.  The spring is replaceable, but you have have to remove the door panel and replace a rivet.   

doorlatchlubepoint.JPG

doorlatch_tabs.JPG

doorlatch_spring.JPG

Edited by HugeHugh
  • Like 1