Greases ain't greases.

Has anyone tried Bigfoot grease?

Downunder it's sold by moreys. In the USA it might be by Lucas or some other brand. It's very tacky, if you squeeze it between your fingers and stretch it apart it's strings like mozzarella cheese. 

Anyway, I've put some in my thrust bearing and the difference is night and day. Hardly any vibration through the pedal when I'm using it. It's good in uni joints also. Basically it doesn't get thrown out as much. 

IMG_3217.JPG.553f7acdf2134f693b96884eb6dc395a.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah I used to use some general purpose grease. It's not bad stuff, and I'll still use it in slack adjusters, s cams, steering uni's ect. But anything that will generate high centrifugal force I'll use the new stuff. 

Its a s.o.b. to pump out of the grease gun!

• Like 1

We started 12-15 years ago using a Shaffer's moly grease that is a para synthetic?? It is about 4$ per tube by the case. changing from the Standard sticky Red stuff cut the pin and bushing wear by 75% and you grease consumption by 50% on our excavators. It works great on U joints and tie rod ends as well.

• Like 1