Owls Head Antique Truck Show July 22-23, 2017

Toby_S

July is a great time to visit the coast of Maine and the Owls Head Transportation Museum.  At this year's show we would like to celebrate MACK and would love to gather as many as we possibly can.

Antique truck, tractor and commercial vehicle enthusiasts won’t want to miss the Owls Head Transportation Museum’s annual Truck, Tractor and Commercial Vehicle Meet on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23. During this highly anticipated weekend Owls Head is transformed into a center of activity for antique truck and tractor enthusiasts. Also featured at this exciting two-day event will be commercial and military vehicles, as well as vintage earth-moving construction equipment. This impressive display of trucks, tractors and commercial vehicles of all kinds is complemented by an antique aeroplane show (weather permitting).

Show hours are 9:00 am until 3:00 pm on both Saturday and Sunday. The Owls Head Transportation Museum will observe standard closing time, remaining open until 5:00 pm both days. Owners of all pre-1997 vehicles (not just trucks!) are also welcome to exhibit at this and all other Museum (non-auction) events at no charge.        http://owlshead.org/events/detail/truck-tractor-and-commercial-vehicle-meet

If you have never been to Owls Head, this video gives a good description 

TruckShow_031517.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Toby:

I am told that there is a white FWD Open-Cab firetruck that comes to your show. It is marked "New Hanover Fire Co" from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Do you know the truck? It was donated to New Hanover second hand by the Horsham Fire Company, also of Montgomery County Pa. Horsham would love to have the truck back......

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I had the opportunity to attend this in 2009. Two of my favorite things, antique trucks & fresh seafood. Also a pretty good assortment of other antique stuff. The FWD does not ring a bell to me. It seems like something I would remember.

IMG_2759Re.JPG

IMG_2760Re.JPG

IMG_2780Re.JPG

IMG_2749Re.JPG