Marker Lamps

Having a problem with my rear marker lamps that are mounted on the back of the dump bed.  Seems as though I replace them and they only last about two weeks before they go out again.

Using standard type bulbs - but was wondering if LED lights hold up better to vibration.  I think they are blowing out due to the slamming of the tailgate.  Anybody else have a situation like this.

Don't believe it is a wiring issue as the other marker lamps at the front of the bed continue to work - and they are all fed off the same power source.

Any help would be appreciated.

My 2011 granite still has all but one factory original LED lamp. A marker light on the fender lost half the diodes a few years back. It was replaced on warranty (lifetime) and that's been it.  

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 0:36 AM, thomastractorsvc said:

my 2 cents-Are the lights in a grommet or solid mount to the bed?  If solid mount probably the banging if in a grommet I would say it was something else as the grommet would protect it from the jarring and shock.

Same as Rob.......my 1/2 cents.