The Diesel Gypsy

other dog

I was looking around on Hank's Truck Pictures the other day and clicked on the William Weatherstone Collection. I found that when you click on his stories he has all the stories that used to be on his website there, just like in the book that he sent me. Might be some good reading for a snowy day....like it is here- already got about 8 or 9 inches and it's still snowing.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/weatherstone/stories/weatherstone_newest_book_print.pdf#zoom=100,150,50,200

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I read his book when you sent it to me, great insight to the times. Wasn't he coming down your place  a while back? Still want the honor to meet up with him.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I read his book when you sent it to me, great insight to the times. Wasn't he coming down your place  a while back? Still want the honor to meet up with him.  Paul

He told me me to "not be surprised" if he showed up this winter, and that he was going to bring some "real" beer. Wanted me to barbecue something, because he wasn't allowed to. But he hasn't mentioned it since- he did make a solo trip to the west coast last fall, at 80 years old. I haven't talked to him much lately, but he did hit me up on Skype a few weeks ago and we talked for a pretty good while. I don't know if he'll ever actually come here or not, but I think the notion could strike him at any time, and he might- I would not be surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

8 or 9 inches? I don't think your new Echo leaf blower fueled with non-ethanol gasoline will be able to handle that. 

I was whining about that this morning- "Sure wish I had my non-ethanol gasoline powered STIHL leaf blower so I could blow all this snow away from here!"

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I was whining about that this morning- "Sure wish I had my non-ethanol gasoline powered STIHL leaf blower so I could blow all this snow away from here!"

Oh look at that I misspelled Stihl. I hate it when I do that...........And I done forgot you lost that in the fire. I guess if you have a snowblower you lost that in the fire too, huh? 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

20 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Oh look at that I misspelled Stihl. I hate it when I do that...........And I done forgot you lost that in the fire. I guess if you have a snowblower you lost that in the fire too, huh? 

I did not have a snowblower, but I did use my non-ethanol gasoline powered Stihl leaf blower to clear the driveway before, worked great on this dry powdery snow. 

waiting on the next round of snow to arrive here tonight , the warm up would be nice ! 15 here now ,started the day at -5  thankfully the wind is calm tried playing with the snowmobiles but not enough snow yet about 5" of dry powder stuff needs to melt a little so we have some base. Thankfully we didn't have more or I would be moving snow drifts from all the wind earlier this week . 9 inches would be a good start for playing on the sleds:D  Stay warm and stay safe, seen some pics from face book, looks like some dandy wrecks on the eastern side of the country, also some good ones on I-5 out here as the westerners out here don't do snow:blink:.