404 international gas engine

joes mack

Hello everyone, I am looking for a 404 international gas engine for one of the fire trucks we just inherited from a fire department that closed its doors. We have taken over their trucks and their station, and the 1980 pumper/tanker has a blown engine. The #1 piston is laying in the oil pan in 1/4 inch chunks and the rod is bent. I haven't tore it the rest of the way down yet to see what all else is wrong.  (former members of the former department have it to where it is now ). The oil pump and pick up tube are missing and a few other parts are missing as well. The truck is an S1800 if this helps.  if anyone knows of any where we can find one please let me know. Thanks, Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 2:12 AM, joes mack said:

Hello everyone, I am looking for a 404 international gas engine for one of the fire trucks we just inherited from a fire department that closed its doors. We have taken over their trucks and their station, and the 1980 pumper/tanker has a blown engine. The #1 piston is laying in the oil pan in 1/4 inch chunks and the rod is bent. I haven't tore it the rest of the way down yet to see what all else is wrong.  (former members of the former department have it to where it is now ). The oil pump and pick up tube are missing and a few other parts are missing as well. The truck is an S1800 if this helps.  if anyone knows of any where we can find one please let me know. Thanks, Joe

i have 2 of the 446s that are running engines  one is in a 81 s 1800  one in a 76 loadstar

after doing more research on the engine it is a 446.  it has dropped the exhaust valve on the #1 cyl  the head is junk  the block doesn't seem to be bad but I haven't had it checked yet.   carlotpilot  would you be interested in selling one of the engines? if so you can call me at 606 837 8333 (home) 606 505 9082 (cell)  my name is joe

• 1 month later...

we got our 446 engine at the fire house we bought it from W M COHEN and SONS in pa  the engine came with everything including the wiring harness were now waiting on a new clutch to get here so we can put it in and get the truck back in service after being out for almost 2 years.

6 minutes ago, joes mack said:

we got our 446 engine at the fire house we bought it from W M COHEN and SONS in pa  the engine came with everything including the wiring harness were now waiting on a new clutch to get here so we can put it in and get the truck back in service after being out for almost 2 years.

:thumb: