Some Maine Macks

1 hour ago, fxfymn said:

The AC is neat and unique. The seller needs to put into a good auction so they can face the reality of what it is really worth.

I agree, but they've had it listed on Ebay, Bring a Trailer and a site called KiiJii (?) and the price is what some expert on antiques told them. I'd give them up to 25K for it for what it is.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If someone isn't willing to pay the price, it is not worth what the seller thinks. To me the only opinion that has any validity is the one with dead president's faces on it.  

I hope my wife can find the same expert when I cack out and she has to sell my "valuable antiques".  And I hope he brings a buyer along that agrees with him.

We both know that a fully restored AC is selling for less then what they think this is worth. No skin for me, but you know how this will turn out. The truck will sit neglected for years since "no one will pay what is worth" or "I'm not giving it away". After all that it will need a total restoration and or just be a parts truck. Either way a truck with a unique history will be lost.

This truck, or any truck, is worth what someone is willing to pay in a fair and unbiased negotiation. Put it in a good well advertised auction without a reserve and then you can find out what it is worth.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Never thought of using  poster board! Have some around from grandkids school projects. Cuts easier than tin and is stiffer...cool ! On the truck pricing thing, I was gonna build a street rod, may still, have most of the parts, but They tend to go cheap ( compared to build cost  ) plus I like bizarre  stuff which kills the value!  If I go first I don't want to leave my wife with something worth less than I've spent. So I became interested in big trucks,some go really cheap, compared to virtually any 40,s up to 70's "classic" cars! The "classic" Rambler Americans and corvairs that my customers paid me ten bucks to tow away are now selling for ten grand, eleven if they were found in a "barn" lol. The big trucks have a lesser fan base which seems to keep the prices lower.

If I go first I don't want to leave my wife with something worth less than I've spent.

Give up on buying anything with wheels and start buying real estate if that is your criteria. The only people who make money are the ones who do the restorations and a few very deep pockets.

I figure on losing 70% of what I spend if I do a restoration. All I tell my wife is that is cheaper than a girl friend.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!