B model tandem rears for sale

steve s.

For sale: Rear bogie setup from low mileage 1966 B 61S. SWD573 axle housings with CRDP 92 & CRD 93 carriers. 7.49 ratio, 40,000 lb capacity. Includes cross member, trunion, camleback springs.

Asking $500.00 or trade for winch . Located in NE PA call Steve at five70-2 two 2-44 seven 8. Not sure why people use the letters and numbers like that.

0 SWD 573 bogie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 05.10.2016 at 4:16 PM, steve s. said:

The rears are out of a concrete mixer truck.  With 22" tires and a double overdrive 7220 quad box, it would run about 52 mph. This was a very common ratio for mixers and dump trucks.

I agree on that. Might be interested knowing exact number of teeth in the upper gear set(s)

Although for the best I'm looking for something faster. Nearly 6.5. Already looking for a while though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad, I don't have any way of knowing what the upper set of gears are without taking it apart. The Mack TS 442 manual has that information for front mounted single axle carriers, but it does not list that information for top loaded tandem carriers.  Maybe someone else has better information. Steve

• Like 1

On 18.10.2016 at 6:48 PM, steve s. said:

Vlad, I don't have any way of knowing what the upper set of gears are without taking it apart. The Mack TS 442 manual has that information for front mounted single axle carriers, but it does not list that information for top loaded tandem carriers.  Maybe someone else has better information. Steve

Steve, I suppose it's not too easy to find a chat on B-model's carriers with teeth counts on every gear setup.

Seems to me much easier to remove the big side cover on the carrier. It allows to cont both bevel wheel and pinion.

In my case I have 9.02's and will have to use my original lower sets due to the design. So the upper ones is the only game to play. In very theory your lower sets might be slower than mines. If so I would achive something faster than 7.49 you have now and it seems good. Although IF you will be so eager to spend time removing the covers and count teeth, and IF the cound is good, I will want you to take the diffs apart and send me the gear sets only. So I'm afraid I'm too cantankerous buyer in this case;) 

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...