E9 water pump

gearhead204

Is mack still supplying a water pump ? or is this a pai deal? If so, has anyone used the pai (good/bad?).  I noticed that I'm loosing coolant at the bottom of the water pump hsg,  so I pulled it out and noticed the weep port location and said CRAP! I need to start hauling fruit next week. Any input guys? 

was hoping someone on here had used one of their kits, I've had mixed results with PAI stuff, the engine kits seem to be good but the drive train stuff I've worked with was less than stellar   I just stole the pump off my core engine for now, but want to either rebuild the old one or replace it . 

14 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

is mack still supplying a water pump ? or is this a pai deal? if so has anyone used the pai (good/bad)  I noticed that I'm loosing coolant at the bottom of the water pump hsg. so I pulled it out and noticed the weep port location and said CRAP! need to start hauling fruit next week  any input guys? 

When you called Watt's Mack (provider of the BMT website) toll-free at 1-888-304-6225, what did they say about E9 remack water pump availability ? The part number should be 316GC274DX.

http://www.wattsmack.com/parts-department/ 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 1:38 AM, gearhead204 said:

Ok talked to Barry today.......no water pump kit or reman for the e-9 

Troubling.

The E9 was produced up to 2003 and Volvo won't even provide a Remack water pump now, one of the most common "wear items" on an engine.

By intentionally turning off after-sales support, including even the most basic of spare parts availability (e.g. a water pump), Volvo has turned the Mack E9 into a irreparable boat anchor.

• Like 2

Some of PAI stuff has Mack stamped right on it. Wonder where Volvo's buying it from!???? V8 Liner kit from Mack 900 bucks a hole.

PAI 675 a hole mack stamped right in the piston! The Volvo guys don't want to sell old iron parts, just the new dollar store Volvo stuff!

• Like 1