Navistar "LT" prototype spotted

kscarbel2

Trucks.com  /  July 7, 2016

Navistar appears to be working on an update of its International ProStar Class 8 semi-truck (the “LT” Series).

These spy shots of the new model were taken when the truck manufacturer was testing the vehicle in Colorado near the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 in late June.

The truck was first unveiled in 2006, part of a $300 million development project. Now it looks like Navistar is making changes to the cab, perhaps to improve aerodynamics as the trucking industry gets ready for the final Phase 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards from the Environmental Protection Agency expected later this year.

image 4.jpg

image 5.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Trucks.com  /  July 7, 2016

Navistar appears to be working on an update of its International ProStar Class 8 semi-truck (the “LT” Series).

These spy shots of the new model were taken when the truck manufacturer was testing the vehicle in Colorado near the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 in late June.

The truck was first unveiled in 2006, part of a $300 million development project. Now it looks like Navistar is making changes to the cab, perhaps to improve aerodynamics as the trucking industry gets ready for the final Phase 2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards from the Environmental Protection Agency expected later this year.

Doesn't look like the changes are too drastic.  I imagine at this point every little bit helpsm in terms of airflow.

Looks like they smoothed out the cab some, maybe the windshield has a bit more rake to it.  I wonder if the short conventional TranStar will be similarly updated.

I hear after the LT comes the CV TerraStar replacement. 

Edited by RoadwayR