Motor mount ?

Hobert62

I got my front seal and rubber front motor mount from Watt's.    any tips or tricks in installing the rubber in the front motor mount on my b67?  Is it going to be easier to unbolt the mount from crossmember and install the rubber in that first?   Then the entire mount onto the motor.  image.jpg

Well, I just had mine apart,  I would suggest jacking the motor up and sliding the mount off and repairing it and sliding it back on.

For reinstalling the front hub, I just put it in the oven at about 200* or so for about 1/2 hour(it didn't stink up the house at that temperature).  It slipped on effortlessly.  Don't want it too hot as it will overheat the seal and possibly distort it.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I unbolted the mount from the cross member  cleaned it up . Was was able to get the rubber in. The hardest part was getting the mount on the motor, I had painted the motor and had to take some paint off. With some pry bars, soap, and a rubber mallet I was able to get it on. Heating like Larry said would help. I had to drop the engine and mount  down on the  cross member a couple times to get the holes to line up. Evert thing stayed together. Luck I guess. I would rather be lucky than good.

I didn't change the rubber portion, so mine just slipped on/off real easy like.  I was surprised as I've heard they get beat up and loose.  I was pleasantly surprised when mine was in nice shape.

I just changed the front hub due to the 237 having a different set up then the 673.  I had to put my 673 hub/balancer on the 237.  I didn't heat the mount, only the hub for the balancer.  Like I said, don't over heat it as it could melt the rubber seal/mount after it soaks in.  The old manual I have says don't use a torch.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Rubber portion got inside of mount like a backwards v-belt.    It went together very easy.   Then got front seal in and installed hub pulley and balancer.   No working on mounting alternator.    image.jpg

• Like 1