Mack Museum-Allentown

Recently had the opportunity to tour the Mack Museum in Allentown.  Was is in a group of three and Don{didn't get his last name) a Mack Truck retiree was an awesome tour guide.  Got to see the Evel Knievel truck, what a site to see.  Brought back memories of my childhood and ABC's Wide World of Sports.  Also got the opportunity to see the first Mack CF.  Lots of great history, unfortunately there are a few trucks that used to be in the museum and are now outside in the elements.   

I'll post some photos, once I can figure out how to make my photos smaller.

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

Edited by kmeitz

7 hours ago, kmeitz said:

What are the times and what type of work is needed?

Start around 0800. Right now volunteers are working to restore the 1945 NM 6-Ton Army Truck. Last month my father,  myself and my 12-year old were painting the woodwork for the rear body OD green while some of the other guys were doing frame and chassis work. 

Other folks work on dusting the display trucks, dusting the shelves, mopping the floors, general maintenance, etc etc etc......Usually break around 10 for a quick coffee break/bullshit session and knock off around 12-1 and sometimes some of us go to the Tilted Kilt for lunch. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

It is a B73 or B77, can't remember which at the moment.

The B73, 75 or 77 could either have the standard B cab or the L cab.  The 73 and 77 were Cummins powered and the 75 was Mack powered.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.