Mack on Local Craiglist

cf685f

On 5/16/2016 at 11:55 AM, cf685f said:

Bwoolbr Glad I could help pass along the information. I live a mile away, so If I can help let me know. You local?

I'm from Spartanburg.  Drove up there last night expecting to drive it home today.  I didn't get to do that, but at least I got to stop by the Spencer Truck Show!

After about an hour myself and another mechanic were able to un-stick the Auxiliary.  It was stuck in low split but shifts great now.  Went for a test drive and the spring brakes locked up on my way back to the yard.  I think I found the leak once I got back, but tires aren't road worthy.  I've got till Monday to decide if I'm going to send a lowboy up there to pick her up.  Not a bad rig.

This B-80 has a 220 cummins in it.  The owner says it was special ordered that way from the factory.  Was this an option?  If so, what's the advantage of it over a B-83?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2016 at 9:01 PM, bwoolbr said:

This B-80 has a 220 cummins in it.  The owner says it was special ordered that way from the factory.  Was this an option?  If so, what's the advantage of it over a B-83?

The way to find out for sure is to send a donation and the truck VIN to the Mack Museum and they can verify how the truck was born.

A B80 was built with a 707 Mack gasoline engine and a B83 with a Cummins NH-220 or NH-250.

Maybe the gasoline engine was swapped out at a Mack dealership and to the owner that means the "factory" did the work?  The truck VIN will tell the story.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.