Ward/LaFrance fire truck

High Binder

It's an airport crash unit. This is an ex ANG unit from Cape Cod Air Guard and ex Village Sandwich.   Cool!!

old sand eng5.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sharp for a 1957 USAF unit. I' be proud to hang my new mail box on it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This is a USAF 750A structural pumper; they were built in the mid-fifties. Built by Ward LaFrance they were way ahead of their time with a four door, fully enclosed

cab and a body with full compartments. Even the ladders and hard suction hoses were carried in boxes on either side on the top of the compartments.

Like this particular truck some bases removed the ladder and hose boxes in order to access them faster. When I was in the Air National Guard we had a 750A

and the regular air force had one 750A and one 530B which was built on a military chassis. Most 530Bs were built by Firemaster Corporation but ours was

built by Ward LaFrance. That was the entire structural compliment for the base, everything else was crash rescue plus a tanker. I liked operating the 750A; it

was unique.

bulldogboy

Class 750A Ward Lafrance model CW-750.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE