So Cat Is Out Of The Truck Engine Market?

fjh

Heard a rumor today that Cat May be Building there own construction truck to compete with the rest of us building trucks for the construction work!

any thoughts on this!Varifing the roumor???

A cat / binder colaboration!

Heard a rumor today that Cat May be Building there own construction truck to compete with the rest of us building trucks for the construction work!

any thoughts on this!Varifing the roumor???

A cat / binder colaboration!

I heard a few months ago about a Cat branded truck, canot remember where i read it. wonder what engine they plan on using maybe International / MaxForce engine??????

I was telling one of our drivers that Cat would not be building truck engines any more, and I thought he was gonna cry! There goes his dream of a Kitty Kat under the hood of a 379. Poor guys dreams are shattered. Brad

its true it will be a international truck with cat badges cat yellow and a cat engine sounds funny dont it that came from international dealer

its true it will be a international truck with cat badges cat yellow and a cat engine sounds funny dont it that came from international dealer

Well you got some of this correct.

Yes, Cat is getting out of selling engines to OEM's and selling a vocational truck of it's own.

Yes, Cat did sign in June a MOU with International

But, It will be a Cat designed truck, not a badged International Truck. It will be unique, and while Cat yellow is a great color the trucks will come in many colors.

One more thing, you'll buy this truck at your local Cat dealer.

Yes, Cat is getting out of selling engines to OEM's and selling a vocational truck of it's own.

But, It will be a Cat designed truck, not a badged International Truck. It will be unique, and while Cat yellow is a great color the trucks will come in many colors.

So it will be built by International then? On an IH frame? Will it actually come with a CAT engine?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

So this will mean everything on the truck will be built with 1 inch plate and 3/8 and 1 inch bolts! :):rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I read thet the "NEW" CAT TRUCKS will be based on INTERNATIONAL'S PAYSTAR TRUCK platform. So they might be CLONES of INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS but badged as CATERPILLAR TRUCKS.

E.P.A is killing the DIESLE ENGINE industry with its complicated regultions, that they keep making them more stringent.. 2007 EPA, Now 2010 EPA, what is next 2012 EPA.... I think DIESEL engines are geting cleaner but why EPA does not bother other types of engines like GAS engines????

Once again CATERPILLAR has given up to EPA. And their last generation engines are geting more and more problems wich puts CATERPILLR quality going down.

To bad because CATERPILLAR and MACK DIESEL are the only engines I really trust and like to work with. Here I have a 3208 CAT powered single axle dump truck (FORD 9000) a CAT 3406 MECHANICAL powered KENWORTH T800 and a pair of MACKS with E6 power one a 285 and the other a 350.....And I will never trade those for the new ELECTRO NIGHTMARE ENGINES!!!!!

Hey EPA I will keep my MACKS puffing that precious black smoke time after time... What you gonna do???

I read thet the "NEW" CAT TRUCKS will be based on INTERNATIONAL'S PAYSTAR TRUCK platform. So they might be CLONES of INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS but badged as CATERPILLAR TRUCKS.

E.P.A is killing the DIESLE ENGINE industry with its complicated regultions, that they keep making them more stringent.. 2007 EPA, Now 2010 EPA, what is next 2012 EPA.... I think DIESEL engines are geting cleaner but why EPA does not bother other types of engines like GAS engines????

Once again CATERPILLAR has given up to EPA. And their last generation engines are geting more and more problems wich puts CATERPILLR quality going down.

To bad because CATERPILLAR and MACK DIESEL are the only engines I really trust and like to work with. Here I have a 3208 CAT powered single axle dump truck (FORD 9000) a CAT 3406 MECHANICAL powered KENWORTH T800 and a pair of MACKS with E6 power one a 285 and the other a 350.....And I will never trade those for the new ELECTRO NIGHTMARE ENGINES!!!!!

Hey EPA I will keep my MACKS puffing that precious black smoke time after time... What you gonna do???

Carefull there hand. glenn

glenn akers

After EPA 2010 that's it, no more diesel emissions regulations! Diesels cant get any cleaner unless they think reducing carbon dioxide is a good idea (very bad idea). So the EGR+SCR system removes all the nitrogen oxides and the DPF system removes all particulate matter, partially burnt fuel and carbon monoxide.

-Thad

Another point I want to bring up is the US diesel makers didn't bother to really update their designs all that much. You look at all the Euro designs and they are all new modern designs. Paccar MX, International MaxxForce, DD15 (DD and MB design), and the Volvo D series are all very modern designs. Cummins is probably the the only engine maker in a good position and Paccar rebadges the ISB and ISL as the PX6 and PX8 respectively.

The Cat engines have their roots in the 1693 and Macks E7 wasn't that far from the 237. Back when they were all mechanical they ran great and lasted forever. But trying to teach an old dog new tricks like electronics and EGR didn't exactly work out. CAT thought EGR was a bad move and pursued ACERT which caused them allot of problems. Cummins so far is in good shape but stands to be pushed out of the market by propriety designs.

So who ever survives the 2010 emissions will continue to provide us with bigger better and more efficient engines. I read on the Mack website that 2010 is then end of EPA diesel regulations. There will be no 2012 or 20-whatever. Diesels cant get any cleaner!

-Thad

• 8 months later...