sad parts stores

Any of you guys within spitting distance of Trans Edge Mack in Allentown PA need to call Randy Z. Second shift parts man for your older Mack parts. He has been extremely helpful to me over the years.The guy is like an encyclopedia... Has access to a lot of discontinued parts, and knows what will interchange also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine just got out of the military and got a job doing service there.

As for parts guys having stories about stupid customers, I can only think of two instances that were bothersome. One was an old farmer with a fat lip of chew in and as he talked, pieces of it were flying out and landing on the paper I was writing on. That was kinda gross. The second was when a lawn care place would send in some of their Spanish only laborers with a list of parts. They couldn't even explain anything about the vehicle they were for, they'd just hand me a poorly written piece of paper and I'd have to figure it all out on my own. Other than that I was more than happy to help people out of a bind with whatever they needed.

Of course it was always a bonus when a real hot girl needed help installing wipers or a brake light bulb. I was first to volunteer :)

• Like 1

Great topic Gents!

My local NAPA that I do 90% of my business with hired new high school wiz and I got him the other day.

Went in and told him need a fuel filter for a 1996 F350 ford 7.3 diesel and gave him the part #

I had to repeat myself 3 times do to his brain being a sieve.

He then told me he doesn't have one and said that it is an odd ball filter.....

I said the power stroke diesel started production from 1994 till 2003...Do you realize how many odd ball filters are being used? Fing muppet!

I stopped at Truck Enterprises one day to get a trailer hot line circuit breaker. I used it for the dump valve on the back axle on a spread axle. I was driving a Kenworth. The parts person didn't know a thing about what I was talking about. To cover up his stupidity he tried to make it look like I was the dumb one. After some expletives I told the idiot I would get it in Keyser WV where the parts people knew the trucks they sold parts for. You dumb a$$.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.