Can A Jake Be Added To An E7

diesel

I would not recommend a exhaust brake(behinde the turbo). The performance of a jake is second to none. The brake power of an exhaust brake is not even close to that of jake brake. The exhaust brake just blocks the flow of the exhaust. A jake will open and close the valves on the engine heads at different times to make the engine take power instead of make power. I would not settle for anything less...

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

I have had experience with both the Jake and exhaust brake, I think they are pretty close as far as slowing the truck, but the Jake does do a little better job than the exhaust brake. I do think the jake is better because of less wear and tear on the engine. What a Jake does is open the exhaust valve at the time the piston is coming up on the compression stroke allowing the compression to go out the exhaust thus giving the added noise in the exhaust.

The exhaust brake will do somewhat the same thing, with a little less noise, and less retarding effect. And less cost.

If I could get a jake that's what I would prefer, but the choice is yours.

Good Luck

Dak49

I bought a 92 CH613 with a 22 ft aluminum grain box. I was wondering if it was possible to add a jake brake to the E7 engines? Where could I pick one up at? Thanks.

Here's the link you want:

http://www.jakebrake.com/products/applicat...bo=S300+or+S400

From here: http://www.jakebrake.com/

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"