mack bosch fic module

I have 2 FIC module for Vmac1 engine. One got bad after alternator overcharged and burnt few light and truck stopped. FIC was bad..

second is from a truck I got at an auction and they attented to jump start it on 24V to make it turn a little more faster. It was owned by a local guy and I knew it was running right before they did this. Anyone know what is this issue in in the FIC? or someone have a schematic of the interior?

opened one and cant see whats wrong..

• 2 weeks later...

Got it open and figured what was wrong it the box. I am a quick learner I guess.

I personally would open it up and see if there is a Micro Fuse or a Fuse-able Link between the connector and board. Whats to lose if it's bad to start

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 years later...
On 10/30/2015 at 9:27 AM, fullfuel01 said:

Got it open and figured what was wrong it the box. I am a quick learner I guess.

I have a 95 cl700 e7 that I have been having an intermittent  engine shutdown issue. I borrowed a used fic module from mack and had the same problem. Took the truck back recently and they still are leaning toward the fic. They have no idea but think their module has the same issue as mine but as of yesterday they can not get my truck to run with mine but can get it to run with theirs, which I have never experienced that. @$2,800 for a new one im struggeling to take the gamble on buying a new one. Already have $3k into people trying to solve this problem.

• 5 years later...

Mike1, that post is 5 years old.  Check the engine grounds in front of the starter, and also, unplug the Duetch connector at the injection pump, and inspect for loose pins and cracked wires...  You could, wiggle that plug while it's running to see if it cuts out and in, before you unplug it.. it should be secured in a yoke

14 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Mike1, that post is 5 years old.  Check the engine grounds in front of the starter, and also, unplug the Duetch connector at the injection pump, and inspect for loose pins and cracked wires...  You could, wiggle that plug while it's running to see if it cuts out and in, before you unplug it.. it should be secured in a yoke

Did you ever figure out what was causing the truck shutting off . I have a1994 ch 613 em7 300 vmack 1 with very similar problems 

Thanks for the info I have checked grounds and Repin  Deutsch plug today I am going to replace large solenoid next to wiper motor on firewall have you had any luck with a refurbished FIC module?

• 7 months later...
On 10/30/2015 at 8:27 AM, fullfuel01 said:

I am having the same issue. Someone jumped it with 24 V. I’ve pulled the fic out and I cannot see anything broke or burnt. What did you find on yours?