Brooken Spring Leaf On 58 Camel Back.

I went to have my 96 mack inspected today a found out I have one broken leaf spring,my question is can I just replace the one leaf or do the whole stack,all the rest look good,of course I'm trying to save some money.I might be wrong but to me it doesent make sence to do one side of the truck with new springs,I would rather wait and do both sides at the same time wnen I have the extra money and some time.Just woundering what some of you guys think.

Hey Mack, I know you hate to spend the money, especially right now,but I think I would bite the bullet and put a set , both sides on. If the arch is pretty well out of the springs, it might handle kind of funky loaded with just one side new. I had one do the same thing, 95 CH axle back. But it was also a main or top spring that broke. The change in pitch might throw your steering off a bit. Safety First when going down the road with a load like ours.

Our spring shop here will replace 1 leaf if the raise is not cracked and 1 leaf replacement is not going to lift it up that much more like a complete stack would on one side. glenn

Its been my observation that your better off to replace with a used leaf rather than new unless your replacing the stack.

IF you can find one.

Thank you all for the info,I took the cheap way out and had the spring shop replace just the one leaf,I know it's not a permente fix but hopefully it will last to the end of this season and next year I plan to replace both rear springs.