10R20 tires on stock rims?

SMFire History

Hi guys-

We're finalizing tires for our 1952 LS125 and wanted to confirm that running 10.00 20's (or 10R20's) would be no problem on the stock Mack rims? Currently 9.00 20's but I have seen a few with 10.00's including Brunicinni's. The selection of 10's is much better than the 9.00's in radials.

Input?

Thanks,

Dom

9's were usually on a 7 inch wheel and 10's were usually on 7.5 inch wheels. Check with your tire manufacturer because they have an acceptable wheel width range. So, the 10 may be acceptable on a 7 inch rim if that is what you have now.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 2 weeks later...

you must be close to finishing the mack, I assume the 125 has the Hall-Scott engine, I really don't know about the tire size.

Unfortunately no. I've been off work for 9 months with a work injury but back now and just getting started on this project actually. We have taken care of a few issues but the main teardown/rebuild is probably 1-2 years out.

We have finally purchased new tires for our girl. We went with a Hankook AM06 10R20 Radial tire that really looks great.

This page has a little bit of info on them: http://www.commercialtireservices.com/hankook-tires-am06-tire-detail.htm?productid=4392355

We purchsed them through our local tire dealer that sells the city the tires for our front line apparatus as they are a Hankkok dealer.

I looked long and hard for 9R20 tires and the selection just wasn't there for the radial tires in 9.00.

I'm happy with these slightly larger tires and they fill up the fenders a little better and have a bit of a more aggressive "old-school" look. I'll post pics soon.

Not cheap though. Mobile installation with new flaps and tubes $3500