Perks of the job.

I didn't know where to post this and I feel like I need to share it. I drive a city route for FedEx freight. I mainly run back roads, country roads and anything off the beaten path. Throughout the years I have stumbled accross some great finds. Cars trucks antiques you know all the good stuff. Well today I stumbled accross the best find yet. I wish I had a camera.

I won't say where it is located, but my second delivery was to a repair garage off the beaten path. Pulling in front of the two open bay doors inside I see a b61 twin screw dual stack tractor. Next to it is a super liner in primer under going a resto. The freight comes off trailer and he offers me a tour. I gladly take it. Mack parts all over garage trucks in the garage. Thought the rear man door is a peterbilt 359 with a kw style sleeper, and a 359 with a flat top sleeper. He says to me lets go out the side door and if your a mack guy you will know what this is. Through the door I see a yellow single axle r model. We walk through the door and turn to our right. The truck has been there a while, it's weathered and in need of a resto, but its all there. Looking at the back of the truck he asked me what is it. I was so surprised that right in front of me was a mack magnum. I was never expecting to see a single truck but this was awesome. I walked around it a few times just grinning. He says is open go on sit in it. The day could not have got any better. I'm still smiling thinking about that view through its windshield. I need to find a truck with a hood.

I know the answer. I was there about 2 weeks ago. The B model was a friend of mine that passed away several years ago. But I'll keep it our little secret. The Magnum needs a frame (double frame spreading)

post-147-0-87799400-1442452018_thumb.jpg Was this the B?

• Like 1

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I knew owner of B-Model pretty good. Bobby and I hauled coal to Nepco and Panther Creek years ago. He was driving Lonzetta's V8. Bobby was a true Mack man. He worked for a waste oil recycler and in the strippings after that. We had lunch together at Macungie a few times.Macktrucks4 I think I have been by your stash a few times hauling for Pennsy Supply. Joe D.

I knew owner of B-Model pretty good. Bobby and I hauled coal to Nepco and Panther Creek years ago. He was driving Lonzetta's V8. Bobby was a true Mack man. He worked for a waste oil recycler and in the strippings after that. We had lunch together at Macungie a few times.Macktrucks4 I think I have been by your stash a few times hauling for Pennsy Supply. Joe D.

I got a lot of Bobby's stash before he passed except for the B. He got most of the NOS parts when Craig's Mack garage closed. My father-in-law is first cousins with Bobby. He was going to teach me how to shift the quad box but now I'm teaching myself with the help of YouTube. LOL

When you drive into Tomhicken, at the cross roads, turn left and on the left is the B models, If you turn right at the cross roads, about 120 yards up the hill, is my house and shop on the right.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.