2004 Mack CX612

TripleC

I'm looking for some input on a truck I'm going to look at. It's a 2004 Mack CX612, it just says Mack 12.0L 480hp., Mack 9-speed tranny. It has 490K miles. Good and bad. Anything in particular I need to look for? It's a single axle truck and I'm gonna be using it to pull my big gooseneck trailers. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2004? By now all the bugs should be gone. The set back axle gives you very good maneuverability I like the layout of the cab

Get the vin# and bring it to a Mack dealer. They should be able to pull up any work done by Mack

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

just a heads up,the '04's were plagued with troubles,like hatcity said,by now most of the bugs should be gone,but there might be a very good reason it only has 490k miles. My brother had one and it was so bad,Mack finally took it back. I'd be damn sure to get a report on it from a Mack dealer.