Photos Of Air Cleaners:

Does anyone have a couple photos of air cleaner on the left side of an R model cab, (R-700 series)? I'm going to run twin air filters on the V-12 truck but have never seen this setup before in person. I would like to have photos of the actual filter housing itself, the bracket retaining it to the truck, along with the cutout in the hood if possible. I have the two "Farr" box filter assemblies that came with the engine and could use them with some hand made "scoops", but want to investigate the usage of the later round style such as Donaldson.

I realize I could do this "grafting" myself but want an OEM look if possible. The passenger side of the cab, (USA) has a recess and the other side does not that the mounting bracket bolts through.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

make sure you brace the cab on the inside of the truck were the filter brackets go

Yes, I have fitted a plate to the inside area with a couple of captive nuts, (upper and lower) ready to weld together. Need to spread the hanging weight over the side of the area to prevent cracking from vibration.

Excellent point to bring up.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

here's all I could find,probably not much help

Hi Tom, thanks for the photo's. Do you have any other information on that R-700 series tractor? It is very similar to my RL-755, and has a lot of the same "look" I'm after.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Tom, thanks for the photo's. Do you have any other information on that R-700 series tractor? It is very similar to my RL-755, and has a lot of the same "look" I'm after.

Thanks,

Rob

not really,the caption says "This RL700L is all fancied up for the show. Bob Eckstein of Round Lake Beach,Illinois,took pride in his Mack trucks and showed them off."(Harry Patterson photo)

Harry Patterson has pictures on Hank's,but none of that truck,found nothing on Bob Eckstein. The picture came out of "Mack Trucks", by Ron Adams.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ya he does mackattack i dont live far from you i see it all the time

The truck im thinking of has a 36"sleeper dual stacks simmilar paint job etc... it hauls a dump trailer parks near the fox lake Trainstation? I never see the truck working? but would like to chat with him one of these days

Rob I can get you a few pics of the bracket under the dash. My camera is down right now but One of the superliners in the yard has dual cleaners. I dont hink you can use the kick vent with the air cleaner installed and the intake tube goes thru a panel that attaches to the cab simmilar to the pass side.

Trent

The truck im thinking of has a 36"sleeper dual stacks simmilar paint job etc... it hauls a dump trailer parks near the fox lake Trainstation? I never see the truck working? but would like to chat with him one of these days

Rob I can get you a few pics of the bracket under the dash. My camera is down right now but One of the superliners in the yard has dual cleaners. I dont hink you can use the kick vent with the air cleaner installed and the intake tube goes thru a panel that attaches to the cab simmilar to the pass side.

Trent

Trent, that would be a great start. I'm not sure what kind of differences there would be with a standard "R" series cab and an "RW" series where the hood meets the cowl area. I can get around anything of course.

If you happen to run across the owner of the Superliner mentioned earlier try to get the chassis serial number of the posted RL if possible. There were only three RL-755LST tractors produced, (consecutive serial numbers) and that one is near a "spitting image" of mine. I know where the sister truck to mine was, but it had been scrapped several years ago.

Mine was the second produced, and would like to locate the first.

Thanks,

Rob