no fuel to 237

just bought this 237. was complete and in the truck with trans. I took it out. same old story guy claims he shut it off and it wouldn't start the next day. hand primer would not build any pressure. I put a new hand primer on it and got it to build pressure and return it back in a 5 gallon pail. got her to fire off of ether. changed fuel filter cause and it was pretty dirty. had a little water in it to. primed it back up, got it to fire off ether again, ran but when you tried the throttle it felt like it ran out of fuel. doesn't feel like the rack is stuck but could be? this pump looks like a newer 300+ pump. it doesn't have the side inspection cover like the older thermodynes or early maxidyne pumps so I cant tell if the plungers are stuck. seems like maybe a check valve is stuck? is there one behind the hand pump if I take the 2- 1/4 nuts off and take the whole hand pump primer off? I have another 237 that the crank broke so I could change the pump but I don't think its that deep. the other one had the inspection cover on the side also.

post-6-0-96064900-1431313428_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Are you sure the "rubber" hoses are clear and aren't degraded?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE