The Walt May and Jim Winsor Story

1958 F.W.D.

Great story, I'm sure we can get something together for Double Clutch with some gathered up photos.

Mack was such an innovator in the industry. The talented staff was the reason for their success for decades.no other brand can claim industry changing innovations as Mack can.

I have a movie highlighting the Maxidyne comparison, that corresponds to the fuel barrel promotional item, it is a fantastic film.

Doug I would like to write a tribute to Jim Winsor for Double Clutch, maybe co-write it with Robert Gabrick. How would I go about proposing this????

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I would love to know how far they were able to push the new Maxidyne when they were developing it. Any new engine design needs to be tested to see its potential and wonder if they tuned a few of them up on the dyno just to see what they could really do. I can just picture big smiles in the dyno room when they saw some of the early testing results.

I would love to know how far they were able to push the new Maxidyne when they were developing it. Any new engine design needs to be tested to see its potential and wonder if they tuned a few of them up on the dyno just to see what they could really do. I can just picture big smiles in the dyno room when they saw some of the early testing results.

When I was at dog house (mid 80s) the test lab had several "rock crusher" test procedures. The hp/torque settings for the "rock crusher" tests were always above "normal" ratings. I just don't remember the percentages.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Doug I would like to write a tribute to Jim Winsor for Double Clutch, maybe co-write it with Robert Gabrick. How would I go about proposing this????

No proposal necessary. Put it together and we'll make it happen. If you need help with photos, just say the word. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

FWD

All you have to do it start with a list of facts, thoughts, ideas, high points, things you want to say. Then put each of those items into a sentence as if you were telling some one about it in a BS session.

The editors will straighten our your grammer, word useage, contintuity and spelling(!!!!!!)

• Like 1

Brocky

FWD

All you have to do it start with a list of facts, thoughts, ideas, high points, things you want to say. Then put each of those items into a sentence as if you were telling some one about it in a BS session.

The editors will straighten our your grammer, word useage, contintuity and spelling(!!!!!!)

Writing isn't an issue. Believe it or not it's actually something that I excel at. Been published several times over the years in various fire-service trade magazines. Just wasn't sure who to propose the article to over at Double Clutch.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

FWD

Or, just send your rough draft right here to BMT- i'm sure we can help you :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 years later...