Mack cm422 engine help

Black71gp

Hello everyone, working on getting a truck back on the road. 1988 Mack cm422. Has the 06.20.45 engine.

I got the truck running and filters changed and everything seems to finally all be working.

Major issue is the engine smokes a blue eye burning haze all the time. At idle, on the fuel, off fuel, driving sitting still just always. Could it be injectors? Haven't done a road test yet, just around the yard, seems to have ok power, I know these engines can be hard to find parts for.

Truck hasn't been on the road in probably 15 years or so. Just been sitting around the yard. Trying to get my company started back up and this is the starting point.

So anyone have thoughts on the smoking issue? I do most all my repairs and testing so as long as it's not something major I can handle it. Just wasn't sure exactly where to start. Just on the fence with keeping and trying to fix up the truck or selling any buying another

Attached is a photo post-20060-142673008242_thumb.jpg

You need to go to a Mack dealer that still has some long-time veteran mechanics with in-depth "Mid-Liner days" experience.

This engine in the Mack world was referred to as the E5-240.

Featuring individual cylinder heads, the 240 horsepower MIDR 06.20.45's architecture is similar to the 215 horsepower MIDR 06.20.30 used in MS300 and CS300 Mid-Liner models.

Can the injectors be rebuilt?

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Check the part number I believe they wee used in HINO, IZZU and a few other Medium/heavy trucks

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I found #4 has a bad injector, however Mack dealer said probably can't get one. He checked a price of 700 but time was not certain on if he could even order it.

Bosch injector model kbal100s52 anyone know where I can get one?

For this, any reputable pump shop representing Robert Bosch can assist you. These injectors are readily available.

Did you contact Robert Bosch to locate the nearest service location? http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/39315-bosch-unveils-website-to-help-locate-the-proper-injectors/

Particularly because this is an older model, a Bosch service locaton will be much cheaper than the Volvo/Mack dealer (Volvo doesn't want to support trucks older than 10 years, hence the outrageous pricing).

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...