Fuel level sensor ohms? Need to replace gauge.

My Marmon with 27" diameter tanks, the sending units each read from 33 ohms to 240 ohms. I don't know if the MACKS are similar. But hope this helps some.

You could pull a sender and check the Ohms Range I would think. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If you can take it out it would be easy to test and I am sure that what Paul posted above is similar and would be a close base line. Take the sending unit out and use a multi-meter with a resistance setting and check it. In the down position (empty) that will have the most resistance and the up position (full) will have the least.

If you don't have any reading (zero) in any position than it is bad.

I thought I would add that I have some alligator clip jumpers that I use on this kinda stuff. Clip the positive lead to the stud that goes to the gauge and the negative to the ground/housing as it should ground.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 3 weeks later...

Since it's almost impossible to find the specs for everything. I usually test that I have resistance and that that resistance changes fairly incrementally as I move the lever manually. Not a perfect test, but generally when it fails it's not moving perfectly in a different range, it's open or not changing at all at least at some point.