MAN Trucknology® Days 2015

kscarbel2

Trucks. Power. Performance.

Press Release / February 12, 2015

Thursday, 19 March to Saturday, 21 March 9 am – 5 pm at the MAN Truck Forum, Munich

It's Trucknology® time again, and we've pulled out all the stops for you, opening the Trucknology® RoadShow 2015 with the presentation of our brand new MAN demonstration fleet, plus plenty of other truck highlights.

See for yourself what we can achieve these days in terms of power and efficiency – up close and live, and discover all the advantages of our trucks, including the very latest in system and transport solutions.

Here is a quick overview of what you can look forward to at the three-day event in Munich:

• Truck product show and test drives
    The latest vehicles for construction, heavy-duty, long-distance, distribution transport, and agriculture and forestry applications will all be there, ready and waiting for you. Check out how our new D38 engine performs in heavy-duty and long-distance transport and see how-well designed MAN trucks can meet the demands of these different applications. Along with plenty of our own MAN experts, there will also be over 80 renowned partners from the body manufacturing and supplier industries to provide advice and answer your questions about all the latest developments.
  • Special exhibition: Municipal
    MAN's amazing track record in the field of utility vehicles.
  • MAN Trucks to go
    Discover the benefits of our brand new trucks, bodied, complete and ready for the road.
  • Product demonstrations
    Watch exciting demonstrations showing the advantages of our truck products and up-to-date transport solutions for a wide range of applications.
  • Industry presentations
    Lecture series with our experts providing useful information about the D38 in long-distance haulage and heavy-duty transport, EfficientLine 2 and TeleMatics®.
  • Classic trucks
    Something for fans of classic vehicles to look forward to: discover the tradition and passion behind MAN products. 'Rudolf Diesel' will take you on a journey through time, back to the very beginnings of the first MAN diesel truck in 1924.
  • Entertainment
    An extensive events programme led by Jean-Pierre Kraemer and Sidney Hoffmann, presenters of Germany's popular TV motoring magazine, "PS Profis". You can also explore the world of MAN with a factory tour, featuring a varied programme for young and old truck fans alike. Catering facilities available.

For more information: http://www.truck.man.eu/global/en/fascination-and-technology/man-truck-forum/branchen-competence-center/man-trucknology-days/Trucknology-Days.html

Just looking at these trucks, I have to believe with all of their technology, they are NOT inexpensive. And they appear to have a lot of complexity-which means their service network has to be pretty well trained. How about it KSC?

We think we are so advanced but it seems to me when you look at these Euro trucks we should stop complaining about the complexity of what we have here.

Then again maybe it is just me who still misses the old days of KISS (Keep it simple stupid!)

Would be cool to get a 3 day vacation to go to Munch :whistling:

You in the States are luckie boys ang girls.

A friend of mine works as a truck driver in Germany.

There's the road tax. You have a unit in every heavy commercial vehicle wich counts your kilometers passed being connected to the sencers along the road. The worst part that cost is depended hard on "Ecology class" of your rig.

So if you go with "Euro-5" 1 km costs you about 30 Euro cents (about, I'm not almost shure on the sharp figure).

But if you're driving Euro-3 (a truck of 1999-2003) you must pay Euro 1.3. Wich gets you far off a concurence.

This fact forces you to buy newer vehicle and get rid of an old one to the third countries only.

If you looks over European marked of used trucks you may found out many of them seem pretty cheap being just over 10 years.

My lovely govnt doesn't sleep at nights strongly thinking to go the same way.

Looks like they will do.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I see they are all speed limited to 85 KPH about 52 MPH we're lucky here I guess

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just looking at these trucks, I have to believe with all of their technology, they are NOT inexpensive. And they appear to have a lot of complexity-which means their service network has to be pretty well trained. How about it KSC?

We think we are so advanced but it seems to me when you look at these Euro trucks we should stop complaining about the complexity of what we have here.

Then again maybe it is just me who still misses the old days of KISS (Keep it simple stupid!)

This is not a quick topic to run through.

Compared to the design of the European trucks, US trucks are in many ways a decade or more behind. But there’s more to the story.

If any of you had attended the 2014 IAA int’l truck show in Hannover, you would feel as though you had transported into the future.

US customers want the latest technology, but they also want a low purchase price, and low parts prices. And hence, the trucks sold today in America are extreme pricing compromises on wheels. This is the reason we have cheap throw-away trucks today. There’s minimal means to reduce the costs of technology for meeting EPA2010, and use the same engine platforms as Europe, so the truck has to be cheapened elsewhere in order to meet the American price-point.

The European trucks are not priced out of this world, but they do cost more. However, the efficiency, fuel economy and comfort benefits offset the higher cost.

I don’t consider the European trucks to be overly complex, rather I consider them to be cutting edge design.

They have the advanced trucks.........we don’t. And that’s because we don’t want to pay up for it.

And yet having said that, the European truckmakers (particularly Scania) are brilliant at using modular design to streamline production (along the lines of your thoughts, “keep it simple” as much as possible).

The European truck, in reality, is more properly termed the global truck because they are operated around the world. American trucks for many years now have had significantly less global presence.

From World War II thru the 1980s, the American truck was the world’s benchmark. But during the 1990s, the European truckmakers passed us.

The European market is intensely competitive and fast moving. I can’t emphasize that point enough. And that atmosphere forces innovation...........to ensure survival. The work ethic at the European truckmakers significantly more intense than our own, and as their R&D capability matured and passed us to become the world's dominant truckmakers.

The American truckmakers didn’t pay adequate attention to the evolving competition to be reckoned with in Europe, and all but two fell victim to these capable overseas aggressors. Now, most of the trucks on the roads of America are produced by European truckmakers who proved to be savvier in our own US truck market than we are (a painful and humiliating reality).

The US truck market is now one of the global battlefields for global domination, with Daimler and Volvo dominating US sales. And I expect VW to enter the fray here sooner than later.

Paccar made a good gamble in buying DAF when it was floundering. But make no mistake, today it's battle-hardened European DAF management that is making the company successful.

It would certainly be heartening to see U.S.-owned truckmakers take back the U.S. truck market, but I doubt now that we'll ever see that day.

• Like 1

This is not a quick topic to run through.

Compared to the design of the European trucks, US trucks are in many ways a decade or more behind. But there’s more to the story.

If any of you had attended the 2014 IAA int’l truck show in Hannover, you would feel as though you had transported into the future.

US customers want the latest technology, but they also want a low purchase price, and low parts prices. And hence, the trucks sold today in America are extreme pricing compromises on wheels. This is the reason we have cheap throw-away trucks today. There’s minimal means to reduce the costs of technology for meeting EPA2010, and use the same engine platforms as Europe, so the truck has to be cheapened elsewhere in order to meet the American price-point.

The European trucks are not priced out of this world, but they do cost more. However, the efficiency, fuel economy and comfort benefits offset the higher cost.

I don’t consider the European trucks to be overly complex, rather I consider them to be cutting edge design.

They have the advanced trucks.........we don’t. And that’s because we don’t want to pay up for it.

And yet having said that, the European truckmakers (particularly Scania) are brilliant at using modular design to streamline production (along the lines of your thoughts, “keep it simple” as much as possible).

The European truck, in reality, is more properly termed the global truck because they are operated around the world. American trucks for many years now have had significantly less global presence.

From World War II thru the 1980s, the American truck was the world’s benchmark. But during the 1990s, the European truckmakers passed us.

The European market is intensely competitive and fast moving. I can’t emphasize that point enough. And that atmosphere forces innovation...........to ensure survival.

The American truckmakers didn’t pay adequate attention to the evolving competition to be reckoned with in Europe, and all but two fell victim to these capable overseas aggressors. Now, most of the trucks on the roads of America are produced by European truckmakers who proved to be savvier in our own US truck market than we are (a painful and humiliating reality).

Thx-And I guess it is safe to say this applies to a lot of products beyond trucks. Hopefully instead of our political "leader(s)" worrying about ..."everyone getting a shot at a better education", we will start worrying about people getting a technical education that will prove useful-be it at the high school, jr. college, or four year level.

Nothing wrong with a degree in "philosophy" or "communications", but we do need people with creative minds who can design and produce things.

• Like 1