Just thinking.

I am just thinking here,while i was rewiring the B87 today.I should have it up running this week.I am thinking of building of building a pickup truck using either a single axle B model or a E model.I am thinking of keeping it pretty much original.I would like to have it as a daily driver.Was thinking to help with fuel mileage I would leave out the inner tire on the rears.Was also thinking of using a transplant from either a Dodge or a Ford with a smaller diesel and a auto.Don't know much about the E models.Lets hear some comments,I'm all ears.

Would this pickup be used for hauling or for a toy? If i was doing it I would use a dt466 and an allison. They are plentiful and relatively cheap in junk yards ( think school bus) You could probably use the whole drive line and get your weight down pretty good. You would also would have more modern gear ratios, disk brakes, budd wheels, etc.

i don't think your crazy one day id like to get a duce and a half convert it to a single rear axle and build a custom pickup box on the back

this is similar to what id like to do some day.

_57_zpsde432152.jpg

F**k yea!! If/when it's ready, let me know, I got 50$ says you can't get it stuck!! Lol

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....