Jump to content

Need to switch gauges to negative ground

Recommended Posts

I found some old posts on here that said you just need to switch the wires on the back...but that didn't work. The gauges are labeled positive ground. This is for my 74 brockway they look just like the mack gauges of the same era but with chrome trim instead of black. They are not like the 82000 series SW gauges in the older trucks. Does anyone know who made these or have part numbers for them in neg. ground. The ones i need are fuel, temp, and volts. Or can i open these up and change them around internally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to the junkyard monday and found a busted up mr being scrapped i took out the whole gauge panel. Some of the gauges say US gauge and some teleflex they match pretty good except for the black rings but i know i can put chrome covers on. installed the gauges today and everything works fine except fuel it reads full when i know its empty. By the way, i thought the original brockway gauges looked familiar i went and looked at my old 79 w900 kw and i couldn't tell them apart

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...