Ain't no MACK but I want it

41chevy

always liked that square body style Chevelle. never cared for the 70's style even tho it had a 454 and Bmodelboy, wheres the pictures of your BLT? don't see any album, looks like a nice truck. Im a Chevy guy and have a soft spot for the 65 square bodies Chevelles, 55-58 Chevy and GMC pickups and 73-87 pickups, 67-68 Camaros, but would also love a hopped up Model A or 32 or 33 Ford 3 window and have a 56F100 that's been on the back burner since I saved it about 9 years ago from a cokehead wanting to scrap it for quick cash. if I only won he lottery id have a garage full!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I've recently sold off most of my cars My 71 Challenger, 71 Duster 55 Dodge, 74 El Camino. 70 Monte Carlo, 77 Eldorado, 41 Chevy rag top, 63 Corvan, 81 Jeep J-30. My 47 Ferguson, my 65 Dodge Coronet wagon S/SD, 51 Victoria, 66 Valkyrie, 88 Dodge and 55 Chevy gasser may be sold too. I haven't decided if I want to move them all to Va yet.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,bring the 55" i'll give it a good foster home! you're not that far from me,and you can come visit it anytime you want,deal? Lol!...............................Mark

The '55 has been in my family since 1961 when my pop built it to run d/gas with a 331sbc and a 3 speed stick. I bought it in 1970 re-powered it with a Hilborn injected 427, 4 speed and ran b/mp and ran a ton of Bethpage Burger King , Connecting Highway and North Conduit street races. By than it was running a 4/71 blown 400 small block and a Vitar Clutch-Flite. Went back on the track in 1977 as an h/gas running a 320 GMC six and 4 speed. Last time it was out of the garage and off the trailer was in 1986 when Suffolk Dragway changed hands. I'd let you adopt it but you have to sign over your soul and more :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Lol! not exactly sure if you can even sell your soul twice? (there's a lien on it now Lol!)sounds like an awesome car,be real hard fro me to give up something with that much family history anyway! any "back in the day" pictures?..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Very cool Paul! thanks for posting the pictures,that GMC-6 was pretty popular,the same guy that had the Nomad I told you about also had a 40' Studebaker coupe with a 6 in it,only saw it once and remember it had a set of Clifford Research headers on it and sounded great! I wish I had taken more pictures at Atco and Englishtown back then..........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Very cool Paul! thanks for posting the pictures,that GMC-6 was pretty popular,the same guy that had the Nomad I told you about also had a 40' Studebaker coupe with a 6 in it,only saw it once and remember it had a set of Clifford Research headers on it and sounded great! I wish I had taken more pictures at Atco and Englishtown back then..........................Mark

Mine has a Wayne cross flow head milled 060 to bring it up to around 10.5 to 11 to 1 compression, .125 over bore to make it 320 c.i. from the factory 302 c.i., Hedman U Fab tri y header and Algon injection and a Mcgurk cam. With the close ratio 4 speed and 5:13 gears it was kind a quick in the 1/8. Still running my pops Alquist 3 speed shifter on the 4 speed. Can't hit reverse with his set up. Reverse is/ was on a PTO cable on the dash. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE