Air horn doesn't blow when truck is driving

maybe the air pushing in the air horn while driving is creating resistance and you don't have enough air pressure coming from the air line to the horn to over come it.

What I have found on some air horns is they may stick or get stiff but should work if not leaking air. Sometimes I just blast the horn for awhile and it starts with squeaks and squawks until it frees up than will work fine.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I'd pull the line down off the valve and see what kind of pressure/volume you have. I agree, could be pretty weak and once you have air being jammed back down the diaphram won't respond with the lack of air volume.

Make sure the trumpet is screwed firmly to the base. I know mine was loose at one point and was sick sounding. Once I grabbed it and snugged it up, it is crazy stupid loud.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Some times it's as simple as dirty or corroded reed.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE