These go tomorrow.

41chevy

Wow....you surely are cleaning out the garage! Neat stuff.

I do work for a fellow with an original 454 Monte. My friend back halfed it a couple years ago and he put a 800hp blown 496 BBC in it. We questioned why he could cut up an original 454 car. He said "cause he wants to". He's had it forever and wanted to pro street it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wow....you surely are cleaning out the garage! Neat stuff.

I do work for a fellow with an original 454 Monte. My friend back halfed it a couple years ago and he put a 800hp blown 496 BBC in it. We questioned why he could cut up an original 454 car. He said "cause he wants to". He's had it forever and wanted to pro street it.

My '51 Victoria (may be sold too) was a 99 point restored car when I bought it.I rolled it into my shop and made a 50's custom out of it. Nosed and decked it, solenoid door kits, custom grill. Did the interior in Black diamond tuck Naugahyde. Lowered it 4 inches,did the normal speed equipment on the Flattie. Duals and Cherry Bombs. Painted it Black Cherry Pearl and full Moons. When the question came up why I did it. The answer was simple, "It's mine, so why not". My Hurst Chrysler is getting a Mopar Performance 528 c.i. Max Wedge III 650 h.p. engine and a Mopar Performance 4 speed OD auto with a Currie 9" 3:23. Why because it's mine!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes with 78 T Bird Quad light bezels (wider the GM ones to balance the grill) cut into 1975 Chevelle housings. Shaved the hood spear, made a stainless tube grill and made brackets to replace the crash bumper energy absorbers to tuck the bumper in closer where it belongs. Painted it Corvette Bright White and Ford Dark Spruce Green. Did the mods in 1979 or 80.

The Monte is an "OH Crap" car.With the factory rated 390 h.p., 4 speed and 2:97 gears. Wide open on the turnpike from 3rd to fourth you can hear Angels starting to sing.

Dammit, I thought you put a '77 front clip on it. I wouldn't have noticed the extra width of the bezels if you hadn't mentioned it, but after a second look I think you did a better job than Chevy did with the '77. The front bumper looks good from the side view. Almost Laguna-esque (Laguna-ish?).

Jim

Dammit, I thought you put a '77 front clip on it. I wouldn't have noticed the extra width of the bezels if you hadn't mentioned it, but after a second look I think you did a better job than Chevy did with the '77. The front bumper looks good from the side view. Almost Laguna-esque (Laguna-ish?).

I actually wanted a Laguna nose, even hard to find 1979.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE