superliner II radiator shutters for a e-9

gearhead204

cant keep the eng warm enough one ambient air is cooler than 65 degrees I ,m sure I will cause head gasket and head problems cause the eng will go from 130 to 208 in just a few miles and yes the thermo stat is working.

So I need to find some good shutters to block some air flow to keep the temp up.

Put in Pai thermostats. We've had this problem on several V8's and the problem was Mack Thermostats. The Mack ones would test right when tested but we found that the water pump was pushing them open because they have to weak of springs in them. I could physically open the mack ones by hand but not the Pai ones. After we put the Pai ones in the the temp went from 110 degrees to 180. The last one we did this to was JR Collins" 86 Superliner road truck when we put the new cab on last winter and he said it's been fine ever since.

Many thanks, Josh

• Like 2

thanks for the input guys! the CL I took the eng out of had the shutters so I thought air flow was a problem, I put in a new thermostat and gauge with the eng swap, as well as a rebuilt radiator but I had problems keeping the eng temp up. I had problems with the old eng as well running too cool. but I don't remember other e-9 eng. doing this now that I think of it and I don't remember shutters on them. so I will order the pai and try

thanks Rob